bv Reiley, Luke, Kate and Madison: December 4 - December 10

Sunday, December 10, 2006

December 4 - December 10

I have been in the hospital since Monday morning... It's a long story, so I'll just give you the highlights...
1. I had a non-stress test on Monday at 9:30am in Sterling.
2. The girls looked great, but I had started contracting/dilating.
3. The doctor did not want to take any chances (Sterling is not equipt to handle babies born before 34weeks), so I was air lifted by helicopter to Rockford Memorial Hospital.
4. I've been on medication to keep the contractions to a minimum or stop them all together. The doctors have attempted several times to wean me off the medication, but my contractions don't want to let up.
5. I am currently 30weeks and 3 days pregnant and 3 centimeters dilated. Our first goal is to stay pregnant until 31 weeks which is this Thursday.

Every day the girls stay inside me is a huge deal. Ideally we'd like to make it to 34 weeks. I've been keeping myself busy reading, surfing the net, watching movies and talking on the phone. Most of the time I just lie here watching tv or listening to it since the medication keeps me pretty groggy. The side effects are not good, but they don't hurt the girls and they are doing just fine.
Jason and the boys seem to be getting along just fine. We've had great help from Nanie, Anne, Vovo, Papa, Cici, and many more. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I will try to keep you posted on the happenings.

Comments:
karina- we are thinking of and praying for you during this time. i wish that there was more that we could do for you. best of luck keeping busy. lots of love, erin, jim, kira and jenna condap
 
sending prayers and good wishes your way!
 
Karina: It's great to "hear" from you. Or should I say "see your blog update!" Know that you and the girls have been in our thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be. Hang in there and stay the course! Kathy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?